Monday, July 21, 2008

36 going on 37 weeks

We had our 36 week check up last Wednesday. I am holding steady at 142 pounds, the baby is growing right on track and measured at 36.5 weeks, at that moment he/she was head down and Ethan got to feel the head, butt, back, and limbs. The heartbeat was about 142 bpm. I also had my Group B strep test done and we'll find out the results this week. We are now going in every week and really the baby could probably come any day. I have had occaisional contractions but nothing alarming. The midwives don't generally do any physical exams, so I have no idea if I'm starting to dilate or anything. That's a good sign though since they are not concerned with anything.

Ethan's parents, his sister Emlyn, and Emlyn's boyfriend came over to spend the day with us on Saturday. It was really nice to spend some time together before the baby comes. Les and Cody helped Ethan with some finishing touches in the kitchen. We also had a nice meal together.

Sunday I washed the baby blankets and few items of clothing we have received. We also picked up our travel system from Babies R Us so now we are all set for the baby. I told Ethan they wouldn't let us leave the hosptial without the car seat, so now that we have that we can go have a baby!

I think I am in denial that I am almost at the end of the pregnancy. I don't know what I'm "supposed" to feel like at 37 weeks, but I feel no different than I did at 24 weeks. I don't have that feeling like "just get it out of me" and I don't feel uncomfortable, just anxious to see and meet the little one and find out the gender! I can't believe all the surprises we have in store. I don't regret keeping the gender a surprise at all.

Well, it is late and we are all ready for bed. Nima went to the groomer today so she is pooped. She looks and smells good and feels so soft!!

Pictures to follow soon, I promise!

No comments: